When you visit this website, information may be recorded in “cookie” files stored in the browser of your terminal (computer, tablet or cell phone). This page explains what a cookie is, what it is used for and how you can accept or reject those that are not essential to the operation and management of the site.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file containing small amounts of information notably an identifier in the form of a number, (a session for example), a choice of language, a code designed to protect your browsing, the name of the server that deposited it and possibly an expiry date) and likely to be temporarily recorded, subject to your choices for cookies not necessary for the operation of the site, on the hard disk of your terminal when you consult a web site using your browser software. Cookies are managed by your web browser, and users can read them by right-clicking on the web page and “Inspect code”.
A cookie can be either a session cookie or a permanent cookie.
A session cookie persists only during the browsing session, and is deleted when the browser is closed. A permanent cookie is set for a specific period of time. This type of cookie remains on the terminal until it expires, or until it is deleted from the computer via the browser settings or extensions.
The cookie does not identify you personally, but only your terminal’s browser. Some cookies require your prior consent before being installed on your terminal.
What are cookies for?
The different types of cookies
Mandatory cookies : These are cookies placed exclusively by the site editor. They are essential for navigation on the site. These cookies cannot be deactivated or configured, otherwise you will no longer be able to access the site or its services, and/or their display will be altered. They enable you to use the site’s main functions and secure your connection. Depositing these cookies does not require your prior consent. Their lifetime generally does not exceed the duration of the session.
Functional cookies : These cookies are necessary for the operation of the site. The deposit of these cookies does not require your prior consent. These cookies enable :
- To compile anonymous statistics on the number of visitors to and use of the various components of the site, in order to enable the publisher to administer and improve the site.
- To adapt the presentation of the site to your terminal’s display preferences (language used, display resolution, operating system used, etc.) during your visits to the site, depending on the hardware and viewing or reading software that your terminal is equipped with.
This site uses the web analytics tool Matomo (formerly Piwik) in compliance with RGPD specifications. The Matomo tool can deposit several cookies with a lifetime ranging from session time or a few tens of minutes to 11 months.
Functional cookies deposited:
|Name||Service provided||Goal||Shelf life|
|FGT Server||Security and content distribution||1 hour|
|_pk_ses||Visitor statistics ; MATOMO (Piwik)||Session||30 minutes|
|_pk_id||Visitor statistics ; MATOMO (Piwik)||Statistics on page views||11 month|
|_pk_testcookie||Visitor statistics ; MATOMO (Piwik)||Checks whether the browser accepts cookies||Session|
|MATOMO_SESSID||Visitor statistics ; MATOMO (Piwik)||Security||Session|
“Third-party” cookies : Some sites may include third-party applications that place “social”, advertising, targeting and tracking cookies. In particular the following services:”Third-party” cookies Some sites may include third-party applications that place “social”, advertising, targeting and tracking cookies. In particular the following services:
- Consent or refusal to accept cookies from the Axeptio tool, published by the French company Agilitation, which manages cookies.
- Viewing content on hosts such as YouTube, Dailymotion etc. for videos.
- Information sharing on social networks that allow you to share site content with other people or to let these other people know your consultation or your opinion concerning content on our site.
The cookies placed by these third parties may remember the pages and websites you have visited, and may collect personal data such as IP address and share it with third parties. These cookies enable advertising agencies to present you with targeted, personalized advertising. Their lifespan is variable, ranging from session time or a few tens of minutes to several years. This site has no control over the process used by content hosts and social networks to collect information relating to your browsing habits, and associated with the personal data they hold. You can manage the placement of these cookies. To view certain content, you must first accept cookies from these third parties.
How do I manage my cookies?
Cookies whose sole purpose is not to enable or facilitate communication by electronic means, or which are not strictly necessary for the provision of an online communication service at the express request of the user, require the prior consent of the Internet user.
Tracers whose purpose is limited to measuring the anonymous audience of the site or application, to meet various needs necessary for the operation and routine administration of a website are not subject to consent.
To manage cookies, you have several complementary options :
- Exercise your choices with third-party companies by consulting their privacy protection policies. You will find there the purposes of use, notably advertising, and the browsing information they may collect thanks to the application buttons available on the site consulted, and you can consequently configure your user accounts to accept or refuse the tracers deposited by these companies.
- Control cookies using your browser settings. Most cookies can be deactivated by setting your browser to accept only cookies from the sites you visit (refuse “third-party sites”, check the “Do not track me” box on most browsers) in your browser preferences. In “Private Browsing” mode, cookies will only disappear when you close your browser window.
How do I configure browsers?
In order to manage cookies according to your wishes, we invite you to configure your browser according to the purpose of the cookies :
- Your web browser can be set to warn you before a cookie is installed.
- Le navigateur peut également être paramétré pour refuser tout type de cookies ou seulement les Cookies tiers.
- The browser can also be set to refuse all types of cookies, or only third-party cookies.
Deactivate/delete cookies on your browser
For Internet Explorer™ :
For Safari™mobile :
For Microsoft Edge™ :
Use cookie and other tracker blockers via browser extensions such as :
- Privacy Badger de l’Electronic Frontier Foundation pour Edge, Chrome, Fierfox, Opera, Firefox sur Android https://privacybadger.org/
- EditThisCookie for Chrome et Opera browsers http://www.editthiscookie.com/
Warning : blocking mandatory or functional cookies may disrupt your browsing experience and restrict the services offered.
Manage advertising cookies for certain advertisers on two professional platforms and at Google :
Disable social network cookies
- Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies/
- Twitter :
- LinkedIn : http://www.linkedin.com/legal/cookie-policy
Setting up your smartphone
For iOS™ : https://support.apple.com/fr-fr/HT201265
Other browsers : For more information on how to manage cookies via other browsers, please consult your documentation or online help files.
You can also visit the CNIL to learn how to configure your browser to control the placement of cookies on your terminal.
Do you have any questions about cookies on this site?
If you have any questions about our cookie management policy, please contact the CNRS Data Protection Officer
By e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org